Focaccia is the most delicious and easy bread to make and can be flavoured in so many ways. This recipe for Focaccia takes one basic dough and transforms it into two different breads…one with garlic and rosemary and another with sun dried tomatoes and black olives.
Make two different types of focaccia from the one dough - Rosemary and Garlic Focaccia and Black Olive and Sun Dried Tomato Focaccia
- 3 teaspoons dried yeast
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon malt syrup or honey
- 500 g (1lb) strong bread flour
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic sliced and mixed with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sprigs of rosemary rubbed with a bit of extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt flakes
- 8 to 10 black olives deseeded and cut in half
- couple of spoonfuls of sliced sundried tomatoes
- sea salt flakes
- In the bowl of a stand mixer dissolve yeast with water and stand for a few minutes until bubbling slightly, add flour, oil, malt syrup and pepper.
- With the dough hook attached knead for 5 minutes, then add the salt. Knead again until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer, cover with a tea towel and allow to rise for about an hour or until at least doubled.
- In the meantime prepare your toppings if you have not already.
- When the dough is ready divide in half.
- Press out each half then fold it back up by bringing into the middle sides and the top and bottom.
- Press out and place onto a well oiled pizza tray.
- Push the toppings into the dough and sprinkle generously with the oil from the tomatoes and the oil from the garlic.
- Sprinkle both with sea salt flakes. Allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime preheat the oven at 200C
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until browned and looking delicious.
- Serve warm and enjoy!