Vanilla Bean Panna CottaPrint Rate
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 teaspoons unflavored powdered gelatin
- 3 cups whipping cream 35% butterfat
- 1/2 granulated sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 vanilla bean
- Pour the milk into a bowl or pot and sprinkle gelatin evenly and thinly over the milk (make sure the bowl/pot is cold by placing the bowl/pot in the refrigerator for a few minutes before you start making the Panna Cotta). Let stand for 5 minutes to soften the gelatin.
- Cut the vanilla bean in half and with the back of the knife or a teaspoon scrap out the seeds.
- Pour the milk into the saucepan. Add the scraped vanilla bean seeds and the vanilla bean.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat on the stove. Heat this mixture until it is hot, but not boiling, about five minutes. (I whisk it a few times at this stage).
- Next, add the cream, sugar, and pinch of salt. Making sure the mixture doesn't boil, continue to heat and stir occasionally until the sugar has dissolved 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat, allow it to sit for a few minutes to cool slightly. Then pour into the glass or ramekin.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight. Add garnishes and serve.