This delicious Chicken Vegetable Soup is ready in just 30 minutes and uses basic, everyday ingredients from your pantry, refrigerator or freezer.
This soup uses the convenience of prepackage chicken broth to make a soup that is both easy and satisfying.
Table of Contents
Why you'll love this recipe
I've been making this Chicken Vegetable Soup for years. It has been my friend at all the different times in my life. It was my go-to recipe when I was home late from work and needed something quick. Then when my children were small it was easy for them to eat plus nutritious.
Now I make this in the evening when I'm too tired but we still want something homemade. It can be served as an appetizer with my Chicken Sorrentino, Chicken Cutlet Recipe, or my Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie if you want to add in another chicken based dish. Or follow this Chicken Vegetable Soup with my Pasta al Forno for lunch with friends.
Another one of my favorite soups in under 30 minutes is this Instant Pot bean soup. Just like this Chicken Vegetable Soup, it's super tasty and the whole family love it!
For this chicken vegetable soup be sure to stock up on:-
- prepackage chicken broth
- basic vegetables like onions, potatoes, celery and carrots
- olive oil
- chicken portions (fillets or thighs)
To make a quick soup, recipes with minimal ingredients come together fast. This selection of easy soup recipes with few ingredients has some of my favorites!
Chicken breast can be substituted for chicken thighs however reduce simmering to 10-15 minutes. I use chicken breast for many recipes like Chicken Limone and Italian Chicken Cutlets so I always have some in the freezer.
This recipe is so easy to make
- Gently fry onion in oil and butter.
- Add garlic and chopped vegetables and cook until softened.
- Stir in the chicken and cook until catching on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with Parmesan and crusty bread.
Tips for success and FAQ's
Keeping a well stocked pantry, refrigerator and freezer is the key to easy, quick dinners. Always keep in stock the basics that you know will help you put together a quick meal like this one.
Soups are a great stand-by to have in your freezer. You can defrost soups so easily either in a saucepan or in the microwave in a matter of minutes.
Yes, absolutely! The vegetables may become a little more soft but the flavor is still perfect. This is great if you are cooking for just one or two. Extra serves can be frozen to make and even EASIER meal.
If you are anything like me, you'll always be looking for quick and easy recipes. As well as this yummy Chicken Vegetable soup recipe check out my Fast and Easy Chocolate Chip Muffins.
If you can get organised in the morning, a slow cooker is fantastic for those days you know you will get home late. Try this Italian Minestrone Soup that's perfect in the slow cooker.
We all seem to be time poor but our meals can still be nutritious and tasty with recipes like these!
Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 cup carrots finely chopped
- 1 cup celery finely chopped
- 8 oz (225 grams) chicken thighs fat removed and finely chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth store bought
- Heat oil and butter in a large saucepan.
- Add onion and saute gently for 1 or 2 minutes until softened.
- Add garlic clove, carrots and celery. Fry for 5 minutes until vegetable are softened.
- Stir in chicken and cook for another 2 minutes until chicken is beginning to be cooked through and starting to catch on the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in chicken broth and bring to boil.
- As it begins to come to the boil, froth with come to the surface. Be sure to use a spoon to remove and discard all the froth.
- Once boiling turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning. It usually shouldn't need any because the chicken broth is already seasoned.
- Serve hot in bowls with crusty bread and grated Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Nutritional information is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. For accurate results, it is recommended that the nutritional information be calculated based on the ingredients and brands you use.