This Greek Couscous Salad is refreshing, super flavorful and packed with tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese and kalamata olives. Plus this delicious salad is ready in less than 20 minutes!
Ideal to bring along to parties, for the buffet table or a make ahead dish for when you are hosting!
Why you’ll love this recipe
This recipe for Greek Couscous Salad is extra tasty! Not only does is contain super yummy ingredients, but my little trick for infusing the couscous with flavor elevates this salad to another level!!
Pearl couscous, used in this Greek couscous salad, is not what you might normally think of when you hear couscous. It’s a type of pasta shaped like pearls. Made from flour and semolina, pearl couscous is toasted which give is a nutty flavor and chewy bite.
The beauty of couscous is that it will absorb any flavors around it. And that’s why this Greek couscous salad is so good!! Warm couscous is mixed with the herby dressing, allow the flavors to go right in!
The combination of flavors and idea’s have got me thinking differently about meals for the family. We also loved this zucchini frittata recipe.
For complete ingredient quantities and full instructions, please scroll to the printable recipe card bottom of the page.
Ingredient notes and variations
The ingredients for this tasty Greek Couscous Salad are available at most supermarkets.
- pearl couscous
- grape or cherry tomatoes
- chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- feta cheese
- kalamata olives
- extra virgin olive oil
- garlic powder
- dried oregano
- salt and pepper
Firstly cook the pearl couscous in salted water.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add cooked and still warm couscous to the dressing and stir to coat.
- Combine remaining salad ingredients.
- Stir in cooled, seasoned couscous and combine gently.
Tips for Success and FAQ’s
This Greek Couscous salad is simple, quick and easy. The biggest tip I can give you is to not overcook the couscous. Also be sure to stir the warm couscous into the dressing for maximum flavor boost!
Use small pasta like orzo or regular couscous.
This salad is best fresh or within 4 hours of preparing (keep refrigerated). However leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for a day or two.
If you wish to make this salad in advance, keep the tomatoes separate until ready to serve.
More recipe like this
If you enjoyed this recipe, I’d really appreciate a star rating and a comment or tag me on instagram @marcellina.in.cucina.
Either way, I love to hear from you!
If you haven’t yet subscribed to the newsletter, don’t forget to click here so that you don’t miss out on more delicious food, tips and news!
Greek Couscous Salad Recipe
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 14½ oz (400g) can chickpeas
- 1 cup quartered and sliced cucumber deseed if necessary
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- ⅔ cup (100 grams) crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ⅓ cup chopped Italian parsley
- ⅓ cup pitted kalamata olives
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt flakes
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
- Bring to boil a medium pot of salted water and cook the pearl couscous for 10 minutes or as directed on the package.
- When ready, drain the couscous and add while still warm to the dressing and stir for the dressing to coat all the couscous. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl combine remaining salad ingredients
- Add cooled couscous and any dressing in the bottom of the bowl to the remaining salad ingredients and stir gently to combine. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Can be served immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours in which time the flavors will meld and combine perfectly.
- Serve with extra lemon wedges.
- The biggest tip I can give you is to not overcook the couscous. Also be sure to stir the warm couscous into the dressing for maximum flavor boost!
- Please follow the instructions on the packet of pearl couscous as it varies from brand to brand.
- If you can’t find pearl couscous, use small pasta like orzo or regular couscous.
- This salad is best fresh or within 4 hours of preparing (keep refrigerated). However leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for a day or two.