This Zucchini Frittata is easy and tasty and makes a lovely light meal with a fresh salad.
Together with mushrooms and two types of cheeses, this zucchini frittata will delight vegetarians and meat lovers alike.
For complete ingredient quantities and full instructions, please scroll to the printable recipe card bottom of the page.
- olive oil
- spring onions
- feta cheese
Plus some herbs and spices.
Preheat oven to 350ºF/180°C.
- Grate zucchini and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Fry mushrooms in olive oil then add zucchini.
- Whisk eggs together with cheeses, herbs and spices.
- Pour egg mixture over cooked vegetables
- Transfer to preheated oven and bake until done.
If you enjoyed this recipe, I’d really appreciate a star rating and a comment or tag me on instagram @marcellina.in.cucina.
Either way, I love to hear from you!
If you haven’t yet subscribed to the newsletter, don’t forget to click here so that you don’t miss out on more delicious food, tips and news!
Zucchini Frittata recipe
- 3 smallish zucchini
- 4-5 swiss brown mushroom sliced
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 8 eggs
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 4 spring onions sliced finely
- a handful of fresh mint shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta
- chilli flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas
- 1 lime or lemon juiced
- extra virgin olive oil and salt
- 1 heart of celery sliced
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/180°C.
- Grate the zucchini, season with salt and allow to stand for a few minutes before squeezing to get rid of excess liquid.
- Heat the oil in a non stick, ovensafe, fry pan over medium heat. Add the mushroom and fry for a minute or so before adding the zucchini. Fry for a few minutes, stirring regularly. Don't overcook because you will lose the vibrancy of the vegetables.
- In the meantime, crack the eggs into a bowl, add cayenne, spring onions, mint, thyme and 2 tablespoons of parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk to combine and break up the eggs.
- When the zucchini and mushrooms are ready, pour the eggs over the vegetables stir then level the mixture out then sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta and chilli flakes to serve.
- Steam or microwave the peas until just tender.
- Allow to cool slightly, then dress to taste with juice of lime or lemon, olive oil and salt. Stir through the celery.