Mediterranean Cucumber Salad is a refreshing salad that pairs really well with butterflied roast chicken, grilled meats and my Italian chicken cutlets!
This salad is ideal for summer lunches and outdoor dining but the best part is that you can whip this up in less than 15 minutes!!
Why you'll love this recipe
When cucumbers and tomatoes are at their prime, it's a perfect time to make this Mediterranean Cucumber Salad. This salad highlights the best of summer vegetables.
This wonderful salad is super fast to prepare and is really popular at summer parties and beach picnics.
It's a tasty combination including parsley and a tasty Italian dressing. Plus all of these ingredients contain a lot of water which makes this Mediterranean Cucumber Salad very refreshing - perfect to pair with my Gnocchi Carbonara!
For complete ingredient quantities and full instructions, please scroll to the printable recipe card bottom of the page.
Here's what you'll need to make this easy salad.
- English or continental cucumber - that's the long, thin ones
- tomatoes - a variety of colors and sizes is good but be sure to choose sweet ripe ones
- red onion
- Italian (flat leaf) parsley
- extra virgin olive oil
- white wine vinegar
Plus a little sugar and salt and pepper to taste. So simple!!
- substitute fresh basil or mint for the parsley
- use red wine vinegar instead of white wine vinegar
- serve with my delicious instant pot cauliflower as a tasty side dish
It couldn't be more easy or quick to make this salad!!
- Slice vegetables and chop parsley.
- Combine salad dressing and mix through vegetables and parsley.
Tips for success and FAQ's
There are a few tips that are important when making this Mediterranean Cucumber salad. The most important is to taste and season correctly. Salt brings out the flavors and the only way to know is to taste.
Also let the salad stand for 10 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
English (continental) cucumber have thin skin so it's not necessary to peel them. However I like to just peel a few strips down the cucumber so that the green and white is alternating. It looks so pretty!
These ingredients contain a lot of water so if the salad is made in advance it will become watery. It'll still be tasty but won't look as fresh and vibrant.
Yes. However it's best to completely peel salad cucumbers and remove the seeds before using in this salad.
More recipes like this one
Greek Couscous Salad
Green Bean Salad
Brown Rice Salad
Zesty Italian Pasta Salad
Made this recipe?
Let me know if you liked it by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating and a review below. Please share a photo of your creation by tagging me on Instagram @marcellina.in.cucina!
Mediterranean Cucumber Recipe
- 1 English (continental) cucumber
- 5 (approx 1 pound or 500 grams) tomatoes see notes
- ¼ red onion
- ⅓ cup chopped Italian parsley
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt or more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Partly peel the cucumber and slice. Cut the large tomatoes into thin wedges and the smaller tomatoes (if using) into chunks. Thinly slice the onion.
- Place all the vegetables and parsley in a large bowl. Pour dressing over and combine gently. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- In a small bowl, combine all the salad ingredients
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Nutritional information is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. For accurate results, it is recommended that the nutritional information be calculated based on the ingredients and brands you use.
you cannot go wrong with a tomato and cucumber salad! especially as we're heading into summer and tomatoes are in season!
Our family is obsessed with this recipe. We all love cucumbers and this was such a delicious way to enjoy them
This is a salad I could eat all the time. There is nothing but colorful fresh veggies here and a good way to use my garden veggies. YUM!
A delicious and refreshing salad! Thank you for the recipe!
We have been getting crazy good cucumbers and tomatoes from Sam's Club, crazy I know! Anyway, made this the other day and it turned out AMAZING! Thanks so much!
oh this is weird. my second comment went up but not the first so it won't make sense. i was just saying i didn't know if you were american or not (a pound of tomatoes, and american spelling)...