This homemade Strawberry sauce recipe uses just 3 ingredients. It’s perfect for desserts and so much more.
You’ll love this strawberry topping on desserts, cakes and in fruity, breakfast bowls.
There is nothing like picking your own strawberries. Warm from the sun, fresh picked strawberries have the best flavour. Preserve that flavour by cooking the strawberries with a bit of sugar. Like my microwave Strawberry Jam, this super simple Strawberry Sauce is bursting with sweet, strawberry flavour!
You will only need 3 ingredients for this sauce recipe.
The ingredients you will need for this sauce are exactly the same as the jam. However the ratios are different and cooking time is way less. You will need:
- Lemon juice
Can I use frozen strawberries?
Absolutely! In fact, when I made this Strawberry Sauce I use a combination of fresh and frozen because that’s what I had. Frozen strawberries could contain more liquid and in the case you wouldn’t need to add the water to thin the sauce.
How to make Strawberry Sauce.
Making this sweet sauce is a breeze. In 20 minutes, you will have the kitchen filled with the heady fragrance of strawberries.
- Hull and chop the strawberries.
- Cook in a saucepan with sugar and lemon juice until softened.
- Puree with immersion blender.
- For a really smooth sauce – pass through a sieve.
And that’s it!
What if I don’t have an immersion blender?
If you don’t have an immersion blender you could one of 3 things.
- Simply crush the strawberries with a potato masher for a chunky sauce.
- Wait until the sauce has cooled and puree it in a stand blender or food processor.
- Push the softened strawberries mixture through a sieve.
Can this strawberry topping be frozen?
This delicious sauce can be frozen for later. Freeze in smaller quantities so that you can just remove the amount that you want. Defrost in the microwave or on the stovetop over gentle heat. The solids and liquids may separate a little so stir well to combine.
Uses for this sweet sauce.
Try this luscious sauce on-
Or just eat it by the spoonful!
Strawberry Sauce is a simple and quick recipe that delivers plenty of strawberry flavour. Make a batch today to liven up all your desserts and lots more.
Remember to click on ‘US Customary’ in the recipe card for measurement conversions.
Here are some more fruity sauces you will love.
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE?
Strawberry SaucePrint Pin Rate
- Immersion blender or benchtop blender
- 500 g strawberries fresh or frozen
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Lemon rind in a long strip optional
- Hull strawberries (cut the green leaves off) and cut into 4 or 8 depending on size.
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan and set over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Stir regularly to dissolve sugar.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until strawberries are softened. It will be liquidy from the juices of the strawberries and the dissolved sugar.
- Remove the rind. Then use an immersion blender (stick blender) to puree.
- If too thick, adjust with a spoonful or two of water until the desired consistency.
- Use as is or pass through a sieve for an extra smooth sauce.
- Refrigerate and use within 4 days. Or freeze for later use.