How simple is this Norwegian Waffle recipe?
These Norwegian waffles require no special equipment. All it takes is a bowl and a whisk. Not madly beating egg whites to stiff peaks or waiting around for the batter to take a “rest”. Just get straight into it and share them with someone who will thank you for it!
It might take a couple of times to get the correct amount of mixture for each waffle – it did for me.
Buttermilk Cardamom Waffles
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 teaspoons freshly ground cardamom or more to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- Preheat the waffle iron
- On a sheet of baking paper sift flour, baking soda, salt, castor sugar and cardamom.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and buttermilk.
- Pick up the paper on top opposite sides, pour into the egg mixture and whisk gently until just combined.
- Fold in the melted butter. Like muffins, don't over mix!
- Follow the instructions for your waffle iron to make the waffles. Waffles will take about 3 minutes each to cook depending on how hot your waffle iron is.