This Artichoke Salad has a big hit of flavor, is super easy and, best of all, you’ll have it whipped up in 10 minutes!
It’s perfect as part of the buffet table or a simple, light meal with bread.
Why you’ll love this recipe
Are you sick of boring salads? Look no further. All the flavors of the mediterranean are bursting out of this amazing salad!
This artichoke salad is based on a recipe that my mother-in-law always made for special occasion like Christmas or Easter. And everyone loves it!
Plus, this artichoke salad make a delicious light lunch accompanied with some crusty bread like Ligurian focaccia.
For complete ingredient quantities and full instructions, please scroll to the printable recipe card bottom of the page.
Don’t you just hate seeing a great recipe only to find that the ingredients are as scarce as hen’s teeth? I do! I live in a small regional area and it’s hard to track down unusual ingredients. But it’s not going to happen with this recipe! Nope, all you need is a few fresh vegetables, some easy to find additions and of course, the star of the show artichokes. In this case, I use canned artichokes. All you need is:-
- canned artichokes
- canned tuna
- red capsicum (sweet peppers)
- Lebanese cucumber
- red onion
- black olive
Prepare all the ingredients that need chopping or slicing.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Combine all ingredient for salad.
- Pour over dressing and stir to combine.
Tips for success and FAQ’s
Have all the ingredients chopped and sliced. Prepare the dressing and set aside. But for optimum freshness, add the dressing just prior to serving.
Other than canned tomatoes and beans, I really don’t use canned vegetables. Frozen vegetables are better if you can’t get fresh. However in this case canned artichokes are great because they are still very tasty and it saves you all the preparation that comes with fresh artichokes. Also canned artichokes are easily available in supermarkets. Bottled and marinated artichokes could also be used.
If you are one of the lucky ones with a wonderful market nearby where stall holders prepare artichokes for you, by all means, use fresh! And I’ll try not to be too envious!
This artichoke salad should be eaten fresh and doesn’t store very well.
Artichoke Salad is quickly and easily made with readily available ingredients or serve it as part of a feast. Either way, I know you’ll love it!
More recipes like this
If you enjoyed this recipe, I’d really appreciate a star rating and a comment or tag me on instagram @marcellina.in.cucina.
Either way, I love to hear from you!
If you haven’t yet subscribed to the newsletter, don’t forget to click here so that you don’t miss out on more delicious food, tips and news!
Artichoke Salad recipe
- 1 can (13.75oz or 400grams) artichokes hearts quartered
- 6 oz (185 grams) canned tuna in oil drained
- ½ red capsicum diced (red peppers)
- ½ Lebanese cucumber halved and sliced
- ¼ red onion finely sliced
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 10 black olives deseeded and halved
- 2 tablespoon capers
- fresh ground pepper and salt to taste
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
Make the dressing.
- Combine oil, vinegar and Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Whisk until combined.
Make the salad
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour over dressing and toss gently to combine.
- Serve as part of an antipasto or as a light meal with bread.