Honey Baked Chicken Wings are so delicious and easy to prepare.
This recipe is a must-have in every cook's repertoire. Simple to prepare and loved by all.
Served with beers and a stack of paper napkins these Honey Baked Chicken Wings will be devoured at your next party. Your guests will be looking for more. But at the same time, I love to serve these baked chicken wings with a side salad for a simple mid-week dinner.
If you have some chicken cutlets available, be sure to make my delicious Chicken Sorrentino or Chicken Limone to go with these tasty wings. And don't forget to include some side like my Mashed Potatoes with red skin!
Table of Contents
These wings include my secret ingredient. Well, not so secret because I'm going to tell you. It's balsamic vinegar. While these chicken wings are undoubtedly Honey Baked Chicken Wings, the added balsamic vinegar cuts through the sweetness and provides a mouthwatering tang that's quite mysterious. Also the marinade is reduced in a saucepan separately which avoids bitter burnt honey in the bottom of the baking pan and on the wings. The result is wings with lots of delicious sauce.
Baking these chicken wings is not hard at all.
- Marinade the wings.
- Remove wings without marinade to baking paper lined pan.
- Pour marinade into saucepan to reduce into a sauce.
- Just before the wings are done, return sauce to the baking pan to coat well.
These wings benefit from a little soak in the marinade. It doesn't need to be long even 30 minutes is enough. I like to use a zip lock bag which means I have less to clean up. Be sure to put the bag on a tray just in case you haven't sealed it completely. You don't need a mess in the refrigerator! Be sure to line the baking pans with non stick paper. Again, this makes cleaning up so much easier. When reducing the marinade keep the temperature low to avoid it boiling over. And your Honey Baked Chicken Wings will be perfect.
Tips for Success
It's an easy one. Use two baking pans. Don't crowd the chicken into one pan. Crowded chicken wings will steam instead of bake.
If you're planning a party, why not serve these Honey Baked Chicken Wings, Bruschetta with Mozzarella and Olivada on toasted baguette slices. Or as we do, have these wings for dinner with a big salad. Either way you'll be pleased you know this recipe for Honey Baked Chickens Wings.
More recipes you'll love
Honey Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
- 2 kg chicken wings see notes
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- green shallots/spring onions finely sliced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C/ 400°F
- In a large zip lock plastic bag pour honey, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and garlic powder. Stir gently to mix.
- Add chicken wings. Seal bag. Then massage wings working the marinade in.
- Allow to marinate 30 minutes/1 hour in the refrigerator
- Line two large deep baking pans with non stick paper.
- Take the bag of chicken out of the refrigerator.
- Arrange chicken wings in lined baking pan leaving behind the marinade.
- Place chicken wings into preheated oven. Bake for 20 minutes
- As soon as you place the chicken in the oven to bake, pour the marinade into a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Watch carefully as it tends to boil over if the heat is too high. Continue to simmer until reduced to 1 ½ cups.
- After 20 minutes, turn the chicken wings over and return to the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Now the marinade should be sufficiently reduced. Pour half into pan and turn the wings over to coat in the sauce.
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Arrange wings on a serving plate. Garnish with green shallots/spring onions, if desired.
- Pour over some of the sauce. Serve the remaining sauce separately.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Nutritional information is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. For accurate results, it is recommended that the nutritional information be calculated based on the ingredients and brands you use.