Roasted Fruit is such an easy and delicious dessert.
But when you add Prosecco, a drizzle of honey and a couple of special spices, this dessert is taken to another level entirely!
Which fruit to select to make Roasted Fruit?
The best part about this simple dessert is that you can choose such a wide variety of fruit. I had never roasted grapes before testing this recipe but what a revelation! Roasted grapes are juicy and the flavor is intensely sweet. Definitely my favorite!
Summer stone fruit are a great choice for roasting. Choose fruit that is not over ripe for best results.
Fruits that work well in this recipe are
However you might like to experiment with berries or even apples or pears.
How to make this dessert.
As much as I love cooking, I also love easy recipes that come together quickly. This dessert is just that.
- Place prepared fruit into baking pan and drizzle with honey.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- Turn fruit over and roast for another 10 minutes
- Add Prosecco and roast until tender.
That’s all there is to it. Let your dessert cook while you prepare dinner. So easy!
Roasted Fruit can be your dessert tonight, a midnight snack and breakfast tomorrow morning.
What I love is that leftover Roasted Fruit is a healthy snack when the midnight munchies hits. And in the morning, dessert leftovers become a quick and nutritious breakfast when served with yogurt and granola.
Roasted Fruit is one of those easy and quick recipes that anyone can make. If you can cut fruit and turn on an oven, you can make this recipe!
While the oven is on, why not make two trays of a Roasted Fruit so that you have plenty of leftovers.
Roasted Fruit with Prosecco and Honey
- 8 oz green seedless grapes snipped into small bunches
- 2 peaches quartered
- 4 plums halved
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup Prosecco
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Place all the fruit, cinnamon stick and cardamom pods into a baking pan cut side up. Drizzle with hone.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- Flip fruit over and roast for another 10 minutes.
- Add Prosecco then roast for another 10-20 minutes or until tender.
- Serve warm, room temperature or cold with ice cream or yoghurt or however you like.
- Any fruit can be roasted in this way.
- Roasting time will depend on how ripe the fruit is and the size of the fruit.
- Use any white wine that you like. For an alcohol free dessert- try apple juice.