When you need a easy but delicious dessert these Baked Peaches stuffed with Amaretti are for you.
Take ripe, fragrant peaches stuff them with a simple, crushed amaretti filling and you have a match made in heaven and your taste buds are guaranteed to do a happy dance.
Why you’ll love this recipe
Baked Peaches stuffed with Amaretti are a traditional dessert from Piedmont. This region in Italy is home to both mine and my husband’s Italian family. Our trip here some time ago introduced us to some delicious new food including the wonderful dessert Bunet.
An easy filling based on crushed amaretti are stuffed into peach halves. So simple but the flavor is amazing! This has to be tasted to be believed!!
For complete ingredient quantities and full instructions, please scroll to the printable recipe card bottom of the page.
Here in the Southern hemisphere summer is starting to fade and we are enjoying the last of the summer fruits while in the Northern hemisphere you can bookmark this recipe because your summer is just around the corner. This summer in Northern Australia we had some of the best stone fruit I have had in quite a while. Often stone fruit, peaches in particular can be disappointing because the fruit is picked to early and never fully ripens. Try to find fully ripe and fragrant peaches for this recipe though I suspect that even slightly below par peaches may bake up quite nicely…you know how baking concentrates the sugars in the fruit which caramelise and enhance the flavour. Obviously the best peaches produce the best result!
This simple recipe comes from an old cookbook – Trattoria by Patricia Wells which tagged as “simple and robust fare inspired by the small family restaurants of Italy” and it is absolutely just that. All the recipes I have tried from this cookbook have been successful and quantities and instructions are spot on which seems to be rare in a lot of cookbooks.
If you’re in Australia grab yourself half a dozen late season peaches and try this recipe before the peaches disappear. My friends in the Northern hemisphere, bookmark this recipe and be sure to make these Baked Peaches stuffed with Amaretti, you’ll love them!
If you enjoyed this recipe, I’d really appreciate a star rating and a comment or tag me on instagram @marcellina.in.cucina.
Either way, I love to hear from you!
If you haven’t yet subscribed to the newsletter, don’t forget to click here so that you don’t miss out on more delicious food, tips and news!
Baked Peaches recipe
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter for baking dish
- 6 ripe peaches
- ½ cup amaretti cookies
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C and butter a baking dish large enough to fit the peach halves in a single layer.
- Wash, halve and stone the peaches cutting along the natural line of the fruit.
- With a teaspoon or a melon baller, scoop out about a teaspoon of pulp from each half enlarging the cavity. Reserve the pulp.
- Place peaches halves into prepared baking dish, cut side up.
- Grind amaretti in a food processor to fine crumbs or you could do this by hand.
- Transfer mixture to a small bowl and stir in the reserved pulp, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Spoon the filling into the cavity in each peach half as evenly as possible. Dot the tops with butter.
- Bake peaches in preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until soft and the filling is starting to firm up.
- Serve warm or a room temperature with or without cream or vanilla ice cream.