Strawberry Lime Water is so refreshing, tangy and can be ready in 10 minutes!
Do you want to entice your family to drink more water? Then this pretty, flavoured water is the way to go!
When my family holidayed in Italy a few years ago, we became addicted to acqua frizzante, sparkling water. On the table, there was always bottles of both still and sparkling water, something which we weren’t accustomed to.With sparkling water it just seems that you are drinking a little bit more that just water. And if you add a couple of extra flavours you’ve just raised your water to a special.
This is a super simple recipe!
You can create this delicious recipe in a matter of minutes. And all you need is a handful of ingredients.
- Sparkling water
- and a bit of sugar to taste
This strawberry lime water very quickly turns simple sparkling water into a drink everyone will be asking for.
How to make Strawberry Lime Water?
Firstly select ripe strawberries that have a lovely aroma and are completely red. Secondly choose firm, green limes which are heavy for their size indicating lots of juice. Then be sure to have everything chilled otherwise the ice will melt and water down your flavours.
Once you have the strawberries chopped, sprinkle them with sugar and allow to macerate. This starts to soften the strawberries and bring out their flavour and colour.
When all the crushing is done and you have lots of lime and strawberry juices, add heaps of ice and top up with ice cold, sparkling water. Add extra chunks of lime for more lime aroma.
You’ll find this recipe so easy and popular that you’ll wonder why you’ve never made it before!
This Strawberry Lime Water will have everyone coming back for seconds!
What ever the season stay hydrated Strawberry Lime Water – it’s so good for your body and your skin plus it’s delicious.
Strawberry Lime Water
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries chopped roughly
- 2 tbsp sugar castor or superfine
- 1/2 cups freshly sqeezed lime juice
- 2 limes cut into small chunks
- 4 cups ice
- 3 cups sparkling water
- Place strawberries in a large jug. Sprinkle sugar over strawberries and allow to macerate for a couple minutes.
- Pour over lime juice and crush strawberries with a muddler, meat mallet (which I used) or potato masher. The idea is to crush the strawberries until they release their delicious juices but not to break them up completely.
- Add cut limes and mix in ice.
- Top up with sparkling water.
- Taste and adjust sugar