This recipe will show you how to make Caramel Popcorn. With easy to find ingredients, it's so simple to make with my step by step instructions.
You'll wonder why you've never made it before! If you want the best caramel popcorn with nuts ever, here it is!
Table of Contents
Why you will love this recipe
I've been making this caramel popcorn for my children for years. The recipe appeared in one of those children's magazines that used to be popular years ago. Yes, that's right my children are grown and left home and I'm STILL making this caramel popcorn. This recipe is so easy. It takes less than 15 minutes to have a batch ready to eat and no thermometer needed!
If you love caramel as much as I do, you must try this Chocolate cake with caramel - it's heavenly!
You just need:-
- popped corn - have this ready before you start
- brown sugar
- light corn syrup
How can a good recipe be improved? By adding nuts, of course! You could add any nuts you like but I prefer peanuts. The flavors of corn, peanuts and caramel are a match made in heaven. For that delicious salty/sweet combination, use salted, roasted peanuts.
And the steps are so easy:
- melt the butter, sugar and corn syrup
- boil for 2 minutes
- add bicarbonate of soda
- stir into popped corn
- bake for 5 minutes
That's right boil for 2 minutes then bake for 5 minutes. How quick is that?
Tips for success
Firstly, if you follow the direction in the recipe you will find that this recipe is neither difficult nor messy. Be sure to use non stick baking paper to line the baking pans for easy clean up. Boil the caramel only after the butter has melted and the dark brown sugar is dissolved. Also, it is important to remove the pan from the heat when adding the bicarbonate of soda to avoid burning the caramel. And remember, caramel popcorn will harden as it cool. Finally, if you have leftovers, store in an airtight container at room temperature - not the in the refrigerator.
There is one problem that I know you will have - you won't be able to stop eating this caramel popcorn with nuts. It is totally addictive!
If you enjoyed this recipe, I'd really appreciate a star rating and a comment or tag me on instagram @marcellina.in.cucina.
Either way, I love to hear from you!
If you haven't yet subscribed to the newsletter, don't forget to click here so that you don't miss out on more delicious food, tips and news!
Caramel Popcorn Recipe
- 10 cups popped corn
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter chopped
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup peanuts roasted and salted
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a large, deep baking tray with non stick paper.
- Place the popped corn into a large bowl.
- Place the sugar, butter and corn syrup in a medium saucepan and stir over low heat until the butter is melted and the brown sugar is dissolved. Don't allow it to boil until this has happened.
- Bring to the boil then boil uncovered for 2 minutes. Don't stir at all.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the bicarbonate of soda. The mixture will foam and lighten a little.
- Pour the hot caramel over the popped corn. Sprinkle the peanuts on as well.
- Using a spatula stir the caramel into the corn and peanuts until evenly coated. Work quickly before the caramel sets. Be careful - the caramel is hot!
- Evenly spread the caramel coated corn and peanuts into the prepared baking tray.
- Cook in the oven for 5 minutes or until the corn is crisp.
- Cool at room temperature.
- Break into pieces and store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Nutritional information is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. For accurate results, it is recommended that the nutritional information be calculated based on the ingredients and brands you use.