These Coconut Biscuits are so quick to make and so crunchy!!
All you need is a bowl and a wooden spoon. Within 30 minutes you’ll have your biscuit barrel full.
Why you’ll love this recipe
This is the ultimate biscuit recipe – fast, crispy and delicious!
If you need to fill the biscuit barrel fast, these coconut biscuits are for you! Perfect to pop into the lunch box or for a quick snack after school or work.
Store bought biscuits have their place and they are great at a pinch but if you want to know exactly what you are eating, we all know home baked is best.
For complete ingredient quantities and full instructions, please scroll to the printable recipe card bottom of the page.
Just basic baking ingredients are needed for this coconut biscuit recipe – butter, eggs, sugar and flour.
However this recipe is based on coconut and it is important to choose the correct variety. It must be unsweetened, desiccated coconut. That is to say, it’s the finely grated one with no added sugar.
Why not add choc chips, or nuts. Maybe some cinnamon or sub out the coconut with muesli or crushed cornflakes? Or just make them as they are….you will love them!
So simple! What can be easier than melting butter and mixing with the other ingredients? This is a basic recipe.
- Melt the butter
- Stir in the remaining ingredients
- Roll into balls and place on a baking sheet
If you enjoyed this recipe, I’d really appreciate a star rating and a comment or tag me on instagram @marcellina.in.cucina.
Either way, I love to hear from you!
If you haven’t yet subscribed to the newsletter, don’t forget to click here so that you don’t miss out on more delicious food, tips and news!
Coconut Biscuit Recipe
- ½ cup (1 stick/115 grams) unsalted butter soften
- 1 cup superfine (castor) sugar superfine or castor
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose (plain) flour sifted
- 1 cup desiccated coconut unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- Heat the oven to 350ºF/180ºC. Line two baking trays with non stick baking paper.
- Beat the butter with a wooden spoon then stir in the sugar. Add the egg and the vanilla. Mix well.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and salt. Then add desiccated unsweetened coconut. Stir well until thoroughly combined.
- Roll small balls about the size of a walnut and place a little distance apart on the baking tray. Press with a fork.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, turning the trays once. The biscuits will puff up and then as they cook will flatten, that’s when you know they are ready and will be browned and crispy.
- Remove and cool on wire racks.
- Use 1 cup of self raising flour instead of all purpose flour and baking powder.
- Add ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon or cardamom.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate.