These Coconut Biscuits are so quick to make and so crunchy!!
All you need is a bowl and a wooden spoon. Within 30 minutes you'll have your biscuit barrel full.
Table of Contents
Why you'll love this recipe
This is the ultimate biscuit recipe - fast, crispy and delicious!
If you need to fill the biscuit barrel fast, these coconut biscuits are for you! Perfect to pop into the lunch box or for a quick snack after school or work.
Store bought biscuits have their place and they are great at a pinch but if you want to know exactly what you are eating, we all know home baked is best.
If you are new to baking cookies and biscuits, this is the best recipe to make first because it is so easy. After that, try my small batch Chocolate Chip Cookies, these Almond biscotti or tasty almond flour peanut butter cookies.
For complete ingredient quantities and full instructions, please scroll to the printable recipe card bottom of the page.
Just basic baking ingredients are needed for this coconut biscuit recipe - butter, eggs, sugar and flour.
However this recipe is based on coconut and it is important to choose the correct variety. It must be unsweetened, desiccated coconut. That is to say, it's the finely grated one with no added sugar.
Why not add choc chips, or nuts. Maybe some cinnamon or sub out the coconut with muesli or crushed cornflakes? Or just make them as they are....you will love them!
So simple! What can be easier than softening butter and mixing with the other ingredients? This is a basic recipe.
- Soften the butter and stir in the sugar then egg and vanilla.
- Mix in the dry ingredients
- Roll into balls and place on a baking sheet
Made this recipe?
Let me know if you liked it by leaving a ★★★★★ star rating and a comment below. Please share a photo of your creation by tagging me on Instagram @marcellina.in.cucina!
Coconut Biscuit Recipe
- ½ cup (1 stick/115 grams) unsalted butter soften
- 1 cup superfine (castor) sugar superfine or castor
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose (plain) flour sifted
- 1 cup desiccated coconut unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- Heat the oven to 350ºF/180ºC. Line two baking trays with non stick baking paper.
- Beat the butter with a wooden spoon then stir in the sugar. Add the egg and the vanilla. Mix well.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and salt. Then add desiccated unsweetened coconut. Stir well until thoroughly combined.
- Roll small balls about the size of a walnut and place a little distance apart on the baking tray. Press with a fork.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, turning the trays once. The biscuits will puff up and then as they cook will flatten, that's when you know they are ready and will be browned and crispy.
- Remove and cool on wire racks.
- Use 1 cup of self raising flour instead of all purpose flour and baking powder.
- Add ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon or cardamom.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Nutritional information is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. For accurate results, it is recommended that the nutritional information be calculated based on the ingredients and brands you use.