How to make yummy Witches’ Fingers.
A recipe could never be easier than this one.
- in the food processor combine flour, butter and icing sugar to form a dough
- rest in the fridge
- shape as desired
There is no reason why you shouldn’t make these. Firstly these cookies are delicious and melt in your mouth. Secondly, Witches’ Fingers are super easy! Finally, what fun you can have with these cookies!
Can you use this shortbread recipe to make regular shortbread?
Absolutely! Shortbread is an easy cookie to make and shape.This dough is so versatile and can be shaped how ever you desire. This recipe is not limited to Halloween. Reshape and enjoy throughout the year.
This updated recipe was first published on 31 October 2011
For free weekly recipes into your inbox subscribe here today!
These Witches' Fingers are so much fun and delicious too. This is a simple shortbread dough which melts in the mouth.
- 350 g all purpose flour
- 250 g butter
- 100 g icing sugar powdered sugar
- bright coloured Smarties or M & M's or blanched almonds for decorating
- Whizz in a food processor until it all comes together.
- Then form into a ball and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- I let it soften a bit before I could form my shapes.
Cute Witches Fingers are made by rolling out the dough and cutting finger shapes. I used a little egg white to ensure the Smartie/ M & M stuck to the dough.
- Scary Witches Fingers are made by rolling ropes of dough before portioning into finger lengths. Press a split almond on the end to represent finger nails.
- Bake for 12- 15 minutes.