This Sweet Ricotta recipe is so delicious and fast to make.
You can use this Sweet Ricotta as a dip, spread on toasted sweet bread or use it to make a dessert pizza. If you’ve never tried Sweet Ricotta, then this is the recipe to start with!
Sweet Ricotta Recipe
This Sweet Ricotta recipe came about when I wanted to prepared a dessert pizza for a pizza party I was having. I had made lots of Nutella pizzas (and yes, they are very popular!). And I’ve made delicious Caramel Apple pizzas but I wanted something not too sweet. So, this Sweet Ricotta recipe was born and BAM! It was so good that I had to make it again because I knew it would be good in so many ways.
Just like my Cannoli Cake, this sweetened ricotta uses fresh Italian cheese to make an ideal dessert that everyone enjoys!
How do you eat Sweet Ricotta?
Eating this Sweet Ricotta is not hard because it is so delicious you will find yourself dipping into the refrigerator all the time. The problem here is having some self control because it is that good! This is how I love to eat it but I’m sure you will find lots of others ways:
- Make a dessert pizza. Spread Sweet Ricotta on a prebaked plain pizza base top with fruit or fruit preserves and just heat through.
- Use this Sweet Ricotta as a sweet dip . Offer fresh fruit like sliced apples and pears or whole strawberries and raspberries.
- Spread on toasted sweet bread like Panettone or Pandoro and top with a spoonful of tangy fruit preserves.
- Or just eat by the spoonful!
Ricotta – the versatile cheese
I was in the supermarket the other day picking up some fresh ricotta when one of the supermarket employees approached me. She asked me how I was going to use that fresh ricotta. She had never used ricotta and was curious. Ricotta is so versatile because it doesn’t have a strong flavour so this is one of the cheeses that works perfectly in savoury or sweet recipes. This is such an easy way to try ricotta but I also love to stuff vegetable with it like mushrooms or zucchini. For special occasions, you can’t go past a baked ricotta cheesecake. Ricotta is really one of my favourite ingredients.
When you have guests and you need a quick but delicious dessert, try this Sweet Ricotta recipe with some fresh fruit. It’s all you need and a wonderful sharing dessert to get the party started.
For more recipes like this, don’t forget to subscribe by clicking here for free recipe direct to your inbox.
- 300 g ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon orange rind finely grated
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor.
- Process for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Serve with sweet crunchy cookies like pizzelle and fresh fruit slices