Christmas Spritz Cookies
These Christmas Spritz Cookies as just as delicious as they are easy. One big recipe make lots of cookies. And by using different cake sprinkles you can create many different Christmas Spritz cookies!
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time8 mins
Total Time38 mins
Servings: 120 cookies
- 350 g butter (softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Preheat the oven to 200C (400F) and line two or three baking trays with non stick paper or non stick silicon mats.
In a stand mixer, hand mixer or even by hand thoroughly mix the butter and sugar.
Add the egg, vanilla and almond extract. Beat well.
Sift the flour and baking powder.
Slowly mix into the butter mixture until the dough is smooth and completely mixed.
Do not chill.
Place the dough in the cookie press which has been fitted with the desired cookie plate. (check manufacturers instructions).
Press out cookies onto lined baking tray.
Decorate as desired.
Bake in preheated oven 6-8 minutes.
Cool for a minute or two on the baking tray before moving to a cooling rack.
Ideas for decorating spritz cookies
- This mixture does not need to be chilled.
- If you find the mixture is too dry, add one or two tablespoons of milk.
- Sometimes when you press out the cookies, the mixture gets stuck. Simply use a small knife or your fingers, to release the cookies and place it on the baking tray.
- colored icing
- cake sprinkles of all different colors and shapes
- colored sugar
- nuts - whole or pieces
- chocolate chips
- melted chocolate
- candied fruit such as cherries
- powdered (icing) sugar
Calories: 39kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 21mg | Potassium: 8mg | Vitamin A: 75IU | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 0.2mg