Italian Chicken and Potatoes with Rosemary
This simple dish of Chicken and Potatoes flavoured with rosemary is truly finger licking good! Get yourself some crusty bread for mopping up the delicious sauce.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr 45 mins
Total Time1 hr 55 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 lbs chicken wings without wing tip
- 6 large garlic cloves (sliced)
- 1 heaped tablespoon picked fresh rosemary
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 large potatoes
Separate the wing into two at the joint.
Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan that has a lid.
Add chicken and fry on medium until the chicken becomes golden brown.
Sprinkle garlic and fresh rosemary over chicken. Stir and allow to fry for a couple of minutes.
Add wine. Bring to boil and simmer for a few minutes.
Season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Add one cup of water. Cover with the lid, turn down the heat. Simmer gently for 45 minutes.
In the meantime, peel potatoes and cut into large chunks.
After 45 minutes add potatoes pressing them into the sauce.
Replace the lid. Continue to simmer for 20 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through.
Remove the lid. Stir gently. If too liquidy, simmer for 10 minutes to reduce.
Serve with plenty of crusty bread for mopping up the sauce.
- To make it even easier look for chicken wings without the tips that have already be cut at the joint. At my local supermarket they are called "Chicken Nibbles".
- Substitute chicken stock for water as suggested by one of my readers - be sure to check before salting if you use a salty chicken stock.
- Waxy potatoes are best as they hold their shape
- Be sure to taste and salt well
Calories: 700kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 157mg | Sodium: 210mg | Potassium: 1227mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 445IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 8.9mg