Easy Brownies made with cocoa and chocolate chips
These brownies are so super easy even the kids can make them. Intense, dark and squidgy, team with vanilla ice cream for the perfect dessert!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 16 servings
- 5 oz unsalted butter ((1 ¼ sticks))
- 1 cup castor sugar ((superfine))
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Strega liqueur ((or dark rum, optional - see notes))
- 2 eggs (cold)
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ⅓ cups dark chocolate ((chopped or sub choc chips))
Preheat oven to 320°F/160°C Grease and line with non stick paper a 8inch/ 20cm cake pan.
Place butter in a medium bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds - 1 minute to melt.
Add sugar, cocoa and liqueur and mix well.
The mixture should be quite cool by now. If not set aside for a few minutes otherwise the eggs will begin to cook.
Whisk in cold eggs until well combined.
Fold in flour, salt and chocolate thoroughly but gently.
Pour into prepared pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 22-25 minutes until set and the top is firm to touch.
Cool in pan for 8-10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
Amazing eaten warm! But delicious eaten any time!
To ensure success, don't forget:
Alcohol is optional. Omit if making for children and reduce baking time to 20 minutes.
- use a 20cm/8inch cake pan
- if you wish to double the quantity - bake in two separate 20cm/8inch cake pans
- grease then line the pan with non stick paper
- allow the baked brownie to cool for 8-10 minutes before turning out
Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 49mg | Potassium: 177mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 255IU | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 2.6mg