Baked Mushrooms Stuffed with Ricotta
A simple recipe of mushrooms stuffed with fresh ricotta mixed in lemon zest, chilli, fresh oregano and a handful of Parmesan baked until golden.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- freshly ground pepper
- salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano (finely chopped )
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (plus extra for sprinkling)
- 8 large portobello mushrooms
- extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C
Place ricotta, lemon zest, chilli (if using), salt and pepper. With a wooden spoon, mash the ricotta and beat to mix well.
Gently mix in fresh oregano and Parmesan cheese.
Remove the stalks from the mushrooms.
Pour a little oil into an oven proof dish that will take the mushrooms in one layer.
Add salt and pepper.
Toss the mushrooms in the seasoned oil. Then arrange cup side up in one layer.
Evenly divide the ricotta mixture among the mushroom cups.
Sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese and drizzle with extra olive oil.
Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes until golden.
- Fresh oregano can be substituted with 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Brown under the grill (broiler) if not browned well.
Calories: 232kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 358mg | Potassium: 731mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 555IU | Calcium: 380mg | Iron: 1.8mg