No Bake Pandoro Christmas Tree Cake with Chocolate and Amaretto
A delicious No Bake dessert for Christmas that is spectacular to look at and delicious to eat. Using the Italian Christmas cake Pandoro and Ricotta and Mascarpone this cake is sure to please everyone!
Prep Time30 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 12 large servings
- 1 35.20z Pandoro (1kg)
- 375 g /13.2oz smooth ricotta
- 250 g /8.8oz mascarpone
- 100 g /3.5oz dark chocolate finely chopped
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon candied orange peel (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons amaretto liqueur (approx)
- 60 g /2oz roasted almonds,finely chopped
- candied cherries (blueberries and silver balls to decorate)
- powdered sugar to dust
To prepare the filling, combine ricotta, mascarpone, powdered sugar, dark chocolate, orange peel and cinnamon in a medium bowl until well mixed.
Pour amaretto into a small bowl.
Remove Pandoro from packaging and slice horizontally into 6 even slices being careful to keep the slices in order.
On a serving platter begin assembling by place the bottom and largest slice. Drizzle or brush some of the Amaretto over the cut surface of the Pandoro.
Spread on some of the prepared filling. Sprinkle with finely chopped almonds.
Place the next largest slice over the filling and nuts so that the points of the stars are staggered to create the effect of the Christmas tree.
Continue with the Amaretto, filling and nuts and repeat alternating the slices until the Christmas tree is complete. Be sure to leave about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of filling to decorate.
Using the leftover filling, either pipe or spoon blobs on the end of each tree "branch".
Decorate the "branches" with candied cherries, blueberries and silver balls.
Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
- if you have no candied orange peel use the finely grated zest of one orange
- substitute orange juice (or any fruit juice) for alcohol for a non-alcoholic version
- can be made 2 days in advance, wrapped well with plastic wrap and refrigerated
- leftover cake will keep for a couple of days if wrapped well in plastic and refrigerated