Chocolate Pudding Recipe
This easy Chocolate Pudding recipe is based on the famous Chocohotopots by Nigella Lawson. Deeply dark, decadently gooey and super quick - everyone will love these baked Chocolate Puddings.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 115 g dark chocolate
- 115 g unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar (superfine or castor)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Butter four 1/2 cup ramekins.
In a microwave melt the dark chocolate and butter by heating in 20 second burst and stirring between each burst in the microwave. It will only take a minute or so. Set aside to cool to lukewarm.
Using a hand whisk mix in eggs with sugar and vanilla.
Then stir in flour, salt and dark chocolate chips.
Divide the mixture between the 4 buttered ramekins.
Bake for about 20 minutes. The puddings will still be gooey in the middle.
Place each ramekin on a small plate with a teaspoon and serve.
Be careful - these chocolate puddings will be HOT!
- be sure to use a dark chocolate. I like 70% but it's your choice. I wouldn't use less than 60%.
- For non dark chocolate lovers - you could try reducing the sugar to 1/2 cup and use a sweeter chocolate.
- This is rich, no doubt about it. You can make 6 smaller puddings with the same quantity of batter. In this case reduce the cooking time to 16-18 minutes.
Calories: 699kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 29g | Cholesterol: 144mg | Sodium: 64mg | Potassium: 378mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 52g | Vitamin A: 835IU | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 4.4mg