Mini Ham and Spinach Frittatas
Delicious individual frittatas using leftover Christmas ham.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 12 mini frittatas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves (well packed)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped finely)
- 1 cup mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 cup spring onions (sliced finely)
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup leftover Christmas ham (chopped coarsely)
- 1 cup vintage cheddar (chopped in small cubes)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Grease 1/3 cup capacity muffin pans with butter or spray oil.
Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
Saute spinach until just wilted, about 30 seconds. Remove from pan and set aside.
Return pan to heat add in mushrooms and garlic. Fry to soften, about two minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
Return pan to heat, add in spring onion. Fry to soften, about one minute. Remove from pan.
Allow sauteed vegetables to cool.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs lightly.
Add sauteed vegetables, cheddar, parsley and salt and pepper. Mix well.
Pour evenly into prepared muffin pans. Do not overfill or you will have a mess in the oven (I know!)
Bake for 25 minutes until cooked through, puffed and golden.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Be sure to grease the muffin pans very well or alternatively use non stick ( still grease) or silicone muffin pans.