These Almond Shortbread cookies are so buttery and full of the nutty crunch of almonds. The best part is that these cookies are ready in 30 minutes!
Simply dusted with powdered sugar, you’ll find it hard to stop at just one!!
Why you’ll love this recipe
Buttery shortbread at any time of the year. But this recipe for Almond Shortbread cookies is a particularly good because it combines rich shortbread with the crunch of tasty nuts.
Shortbread is always popular in Australia for Christmas and there are many varieties that can be purchased at supermarkets and speciality stores but for the best variety you can’t go past homemade shortbread.
This recipe uses almonds but any variety of nut would work. Be sure to toast lightly in the oven to bring out the flavour of the nuts and do not have the nuts chopped too finely.
Be sure to also try out my tasty Italian macarons that my whole family loves!
As simple as 1,2,3! But be sure to preheat the oven before you start because this is a quick recipe!
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- Mix in the flour and almonds.
- Spoon onto lined cookie pans and bake.
Tips for success
- Have the butter at room temperature.
- Be sure to toast lightly in the oven to bring out the flavour of the nuts and do not have the nuts chopped too finely.
- Don’t forget the pinch of salt – this will bring out all the flavors!
If you enjoyed this recipe, I’d really appreciate a star rating and a comment or tag me on instagram @marcellina.in.cucina.
Either way, I love to hear from you!
If you haven’t yet subscribed to the newsletter, don’t forget to click here so that you don’t miss out on more delicious food, tips and news!
Almond Shortbread Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup (2 sticks/227 grams) unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup (110 grams) superfine (castor) sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2½ cups (300 grams) all purpose plain flour
- 1 cup (150 grams) sliced or slivered almonds toasted and cooled
- pinch of fine salt
- powdered sugar to serve
- Heat the oven to 340ºF/170ºC and line oven trays with non stick baking paper.
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla until light and creamy. Mix in flour, almonds and salt.
- Take heaped teaspoonfuls and place 3cm apart on the lined oven trays.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool on racks.
- Dust with powdered sugar to serve.