Week 12 Twelve Weeks of Christmas:
- 125 g (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 240 g (8oz) dates
- icing (powdered) sugar to serve
- Beat the butter and sugar to a cream.
- Add the egg and cinnamon.
- Sift the flours and add gradually to the mixture.
- Mix to a stiff paste.
- Wrap in plastic. Rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll out to 3mm/⅛in thickness cut into small rounds according to the size of your dates.
- Fold over with a date between. Bake 170ºC/340ºF for 10 minutes.
- When cool dust with icing sugar.