These Salted Cranberry Biscotti with pecans are a perfect holiday treat.
Combining the classic flavours of tart cranberry and crunchy pecans with a hint of salt and the warmth of brown sugar, everyone is sure to gobble these up quickly. Salted Cranberry Biscotti with pecans just sing of festivity and joy that the holidays bring!Jump to Recipe
Did you know about Italian Cheers?
Holidays and celebrations in our household always involved plenty of food, lots of noise and clinking of glasses. For as long as I can remember, my family always began holiday and celebration meals with a clink of raised glasses saying “cin cin”, the Italian “cheers”. This custom came with me when I married and my husband, brother-in-law, children and nieces and nephews would never dream of beginning a celebration without the usual “cin cin”. The cutest thing is seeing my niece’s little girls raising their little cups to “cin cin” with the family.
Just because you start the meal with a “cin cin” doesn’t mean that’s the end of the good wishes. When these biscotti come out, fill your glasses with spumante or prosecco to cheer again and then dip your biscotti into the wine. But these Salted Cranberry Biscotti with pecans are just as perfect with the final coffee or tea.
Why are these Salted Cranberry Biscotti with pecans so good?
So, if you loved my Espresso and Roasted Hazelnut Biscotti, you’ll surely loved Salted Cranberry Biscotti with pecans. Both are quite simple to make and contain a little fat, in the form of butter or oil, to ensure tender biscotti. Use a serrated knife and a sawing action to cut the biscotti. Yes, some bits will break off, that’s for you to test that they’re ok!
Finally with these biscotti, don’t allow them to cool completely. Slice when almost cool to achieve perfect slices.
These are probably my new favourite biscotti. What is your favourite biscotti flavour? Are you starting to bake for the holidays? Or are you still concentrating on Thanksgiving?
Salted Cranberry Biscotti with Pecans
- 2 eggs
- 60 ml olive oil
- ½ cup castor sugar (superfine)
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups 00 flour substitute plain or all purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 cup pecans coarsely chopped
- flaked salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking tray with non stick baking paper
- In a stand mixer with whisk attachment beat eggs, oil, sugars, vanilla and salt until thick and pale.
- Sift together flour and baking powder
- With a wooden spoon stir in the flour/baking powder, cranberries and pecans. The mixture will be slightly sticky.
- Roughly divide the dough in half with wooden spoon. Spread each portion onto baking tray into logs 25cm/10in long. With wet hands flatten and smooth to a thickness of 2.5cm/1in. Sprinkle with flaked salt as desired.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until browned
- Remove from oven to cool. Reduce oven to 140C/280F.
- When biscotti logs are almost cool, slice into 1cm/1/2in pieces with a serrated knife using a sawing action. Lay onto baking trays cut side up.
- Bake 10 minutes or until just starting to colour. Remove from oven and cool biscotti on a rack. Biscotti will crisp as they cool. Store in an airtight container.