Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
for the base:
- 200 g plain sweet biscuits
- 50 g salted roasted peanuts
- 100 g dark choc chips
- 50 g soft unsalted butter
for the filling
- 500 g cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 200 g castor sugar
- 125 ml sour cream
- 250 g peanut butter
for the topping
- 250 ml sour cream
- 100 g milk chocolate chips I used dark
- 30 g soft brown sugar
- 1.Preheat the oven to 170C. In a food processor put the biscuits, peanuts, dark chocolate and butter. Process until it come together.
- Butter a 23cm spring form pan and press the biscuit mixture onto the base. You can refrigerate it while you make the filling.
- Clean out the food processor. Put all of the filling ingredients into the processor and whizz until smooth. (Freeze the leftover eggwhites to make meringues, pavlova or macarons.)
- Use a good quality peanut butter.
- Pour the mixture onto the base and bake for 1 hour.
- Check at 50 minutes - the top should be dry and set.|
- Take the cheesecake out of the oven to prepare the topping. Warm the topping ingredients in a small saucepan on a low heat. Stir well to mix. Spoon and spread the topping over the cheesecake. Be gently so you don't blend the two layers.
- Return the cheesecake to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Let the cheesecake cool in the tin then cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator.
- Serve small slices because it is rich and indulgent!